What Personal Information (PI) We Collect, How We Collect It, and Why
How You can Access, Update or Otherwise Take Control of Your PI
Contact Us with Questions
What PI We Collect, How We Collect It, and Why
Types of Pl We Collect
Your personal information that we may collect includes information such as:
- Contact information such as Name, Address, Telephone number and Email address;
- Internet Protocol (IP) address; and
- Other data that could directly or indirectly identify you.
Where We Obtain PI
Information We Collect Automatically
When you visit this website, we collect website usage information and information about your computer and internet connection, including your computer's IP address, the type and version of browser (such as Internet Explorer 7 or Firefox 3.6) and operating system you use, your internet domain and, if you arrived at electrocraft.com via a link from another website, the URL of the linking page.
We may directly collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other information that assists us in improving the Service.
The results of all such research and analysis will be presented as anonymous or aggregated information and will not reveal any personal facts about individual users, and all data is managed securely.
Information We Collect Directly from You
Much of what you likely consider personal information is collected directly from you when you:
- complete an online contact and inquiry form (ex: name, address, telephone number, email);
- request assistance from our award-winning customer support team (ex: phone number);
- request copies of CAD drawings of ElectroCraft products (ex: name, address, telephone number, email); or
- participate in surveys, apply for a job, subscribe to news updates, or otherwise participate in activities we promote that might require information about you.
Supplemental Information from Third-Party Sources
Similarly, we may collect information about you from our business partners and affiliates. An example of the type of information that we may receive from business partners and affiliates is information about the product you purchased from them after you indicated an interest in an offer that we presented to you.
Supplemented Data may be received about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data. We may combine this data with information we already have about you so that we can update, expand and analyze the accuracy of our records. We also use supplemented data for other purposes, such as, to assess the qualifications of a candidate for employment, to identify new customers, and to provide products and services that may be of interest to you. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
As with many business groups, ElectroCraft engages in social posts with groups such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter. ElectroCraft sells no information to these groups, but makes no claim to your relationship as a consumer or business representative to these social media companies/groups. However, in the interest of providing options for your privacy control, the following are the links to the privacy policies of these social networks:
How We Use This PI
PI is only collected by us when voluntarily given by you for a pre-determined purpose e.g., when you fill in a Contact Form, download a White Paper, complete a survey or in performance of a contract. We use this data so that we can contact you, to send you information about new products or alert you if there are product recalls, if products are becoming obsolescent etc.
We strongly believe in both minimizing the data we collect and limiting its use and purpose to only that (1) for which we have been given permission, (2) as necessary to deliver the Services you purchase or interact with, or (3) as we might be required or permitted for legal compliance or other lawful purposes.
Delivering, improving, updating and enhancing our Services. We collect information for the purpose of providing products and services. We may also use information to respond to inquiries from potential customers who are interested in learning more about our products and services.
PI is also used to ensure, as far as is practical, that the website is compatible with the browsers and operating systems used by most of our visitors. It is also used for research to improve our understanding of customer needs in developing the website. Electrocraft processes this information in order to provide you with access to the electrocraft.com website.
We collect various information relating to your purchase, use and/or interactions with our Services. We utilize this information to:
- Improve and optimize the operation and performance of our Services (again, including our websites and mobile applications)
- Diagnose problems with and identify any security and compliance risks, errors, or needed enhancements to the Services
- Detect and prevent fraud and abuse of our Services and systems
- Collecting aggregate statistics about use of the Services
- Understand and analyze how you use our Services and what products and services are most relevant to you.
Much of the data collected is aggregated or statistical data about how individuals use our Services, and is not linked to any personal information.
Purchase and Delivery of Products and Services. We may use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products and services, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products and services, and promotional offers.
Sharing with trusted third parties. We may share your personal information with affiliated companies within our corporate family, with third parties with which we have partnered to allow you to integrate their services into our own Services, and with trusted third-party service providers as necessary for them to perform services on our behalf, such as:
- Processing credit card payments
- Serving advertisements
- Conducting contests or surveys
- Performing analysis of our Services and customers demographics
- Communicating with you, such as by way email or survey delivery
- Customer relationship management
- Security, risk management and compliance
- Recruiting support and related services.
These third parties (and any subcontractors they may be permitted to use) have agreed not to share, use or retain your personal information for any purpose other than as necessary for the provision of Services.
We will also disclose your information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets (whether a result of liquidation, bankruptcy or otherwise), in which case we will disclose your data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- if we sell, buy, merge, are acquired by, or partner with other companies or businesses, or sell some or all of our assets. In such transactions, your information may be among the transferred assets.
Communicating with you. We may contact you directly or through a third-party service provider regarding products or services you have signed up for or have purchased from us. For instance, we may contact you because it is necessary to deliver transactional or service-related communications. We may also contact you with offers for additional services we think you'll find valuable if you give us consent, or where allowed based upon legitimate interests. You don't need to provide consent as a condition to purchase our goods or services. We may contact you using such vehicles as:
- Text (SMS) messages
- Telephone calls
- Messenger applications (e.g., WhatsApp, etc.)
- Automated phone calls or text messages.
You may update your subscription preferences with respect to receiving communications from us and/or our partners by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How You can Access, Update or Otherwise Take Control of Your PI
How to Review, Edit and Control Your PI
Should you wish to make a request in respect of your personal information please contact us at email@example.com. By contacting us, you can accomplish the following:
- Request a copy of your PI collected by us;
- Request that we correct inaccuracies relating to your PI;
- Request that your PI be deleted or that we restrict access to it;
- Request a list of those with whom your PI has been shared, if it has been shared;
- Request a structured electronic version of your PI; and
- Object to our use of your PI.
If you wish to access, view, change or delete information that you previously provided to us, you may do so by sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please post your request to ElectroCraft, Inc., Office of the Data Protection Officer, 2 Marin Way, Stratham, NH 03885 USA. We will use reasonable efforts to ensure that your information is corrected or updated in our records.
Should we receive a verifiable request from you, we will provide you with categories of PI that we have collected about you, have sold to third parties (and the categories of third parties to whom your PI was sold), and have disclosed about you for business purposes. You have the right to request from us: 1) the categories of PI that we have collected about you; and 2) the categories of PI that we have disclosed about you for business purposes. Please note, we have no intention of selling your PI, and we will confirm this fact upon receiving your request. Upon submission of a verifiable request from you, please allow us up to 45 days to respond to your request.
If you make a request to delete your personal information and that data is necessary for the products or services you have purchased, the request will be honored only to the extent it is no longer necessary for any Services purchased or required for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual record keeping requirements.
How to Opt-Out
If you have consented to our use of your information you may withdraw that consent at any time. Depending on the situation you can either withdraw your consent by emailing email@example.com, or through your account settings page. Where we are using your information because of a legitimate interest to do so, you have the right to object to that use. However, if you do so it may mean that it is not possible for you to continue using the Services
If you want to be forgotten, let us know by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please post your request to Electrocraft Inc., Office of the Data Protection Officer, 2 Marin Way, Stratham, NH 03885 USA. We will erase your information from our system and not contact you again. But we have to be able to fulfil our legal obligations and sometimes that means that we can't delete all your data, particularly if you are our contact within another customer company. If that's the case, make sure to supply us with new contact details and then we can delete yours.
I don't want to be contacted at all any more. How can I do that?
There are two ways you can do that.
- If you want to be forgotten, let us know by sending us an email to email@example.com. Alternatively, please post your request to ElectroCraft, Inc., Office of the Data Protection Officer, 2 Marin Way, Stratham, NH 03885 USA. We will erase your information from our system and not contact you again. But we have to be able to fulfil our legal obligations and sometimes that means that we can't delete all your data, particularly if you are our contact within another customer company. If that's the case, make sure to supply us with new contact details and then we can delete yours.
- Alternately, you can opt-out or unsubscribe. We keep your details but you can opt-out of emails, phone calls or ordinary mail. The advantage of an opt-out is that we would still let you know about vital issues like product recalls.
- Occasionally, ElectroCraft offers newsletter updates. If you don't want to receive them anymore, or change any of your opt-out settings, just click here.
Quick links -
"Do Not Sell My Personal Information"
If you don't want us to sell your personal information, let us know by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please post your request to Electrocraft Inc., Office of the Data Protection Officer, 2 Marin Way, Stratham, NH 03885 USA.
Legal Bases for Processing PI
ElectroCraftt processes your PI in accordance with a variety of international laws and regulations, such as the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This means that ElectroCraft will collect and use your PI only where:
- we need it to provide you the Service and fulfil our obligations to you under our Terms of Service (this includes providing you with access to your PI);
- it is justified because of a legitimate interest such as for research and development or marketing the Service (but only where our legitimate interest isn't overridden by your interest in protecting your data);
- you consent to us using your information in a certain way; or
- it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations.
How we secure, store and retain your data
We follow generally accepted standards to store and protect the personal data we collect, both during transmission and once received and stored, including utilization of encryption where appropriate. We take reasonable, administrative, technical, and physical measures to safeguard against unauthorized access to, use, alteration, disclosure and transfer of, and accidental loss or alteration of, the personal information we collect. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or from our Site and services, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems.
We retain personal data only for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested and thereafter for a variety of legitimate legal or business purposes. These might include retention periods:
- mandated by law, contract or similar obligations applicable to our business operations;
- for preserving, resolving, defending or enforcing our legal/contractual rights; or
- needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records.
We have the right to disclose your personal data as required by law, or when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, request from a regulator or any other legal process served on ElectroCraft.
If you have any questions about the security or retention of your personal data, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Cookies and Similar Technology Practices
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer when you visit our website. They do a variety of different jobs; some record how you use the website so we can see if it's working well; some let you navigate between pages easily; some store your preferences and they generally improve your experience of the website. We cannot identify you by using these cookies.
Cookies may be distinguished by who is setting the cookie on your device when you visit our website. A "first party cookie" refers to cookies set by us as the controller or operator of the Site or a processor acting on our behalf. On the other hand, a "third party cookie" refers to cookies that are set by other controllers that do not operate our Site.
Also, cookies are sometimes characterized by their duration. A "session cookie" is a cookie that is automatically deleted from your computer or device when you close your browser, whereas a "persistent cookie" is a cookie that remains stored in your computer or device until a defined expiration date (and sometimes up to one year).
We may also employ a software technology called clear gifs (a.k.a. web beacons), that help us track referrals from our partners and affiliates and better manage content on our website. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user's computer hard drive, clear gifs are extremely small and embedded invisibly on web pages.
Additional Data Information and Transfer of Personal Data Abroad.
Compliance with legal, regulatory and law enforcement requests.
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (such as subpoena requests), to protect our property and rights or the property and rights of a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop activity we consider to be illegal or unethical. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information to third parties as part of legal process.
Links to Other websites.
'Do Not Track' notifications.
Some browsers allow you to automatically notify websites you visit not to track you using a "Do Not Track" signal. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what "Do Not Track" means in this context. Like many websites and online services, we currently do not alter our practices when we receive a "Do Not Track" signal from a visitor's browser. To find out more about "Do Not Track," you may wish to visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
Our Services are not targeted to, intended to be consumed by or designed to entice individuals under the age of 18. If you know of or have reason to believe anyone under the age of 18 has provided us with any personal data, please contact us.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your privacy rights. Unless permitted under applicable laws, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Contact Us with Questions
If you have any privacy-related questions, concerns or complaints, please contact our Office of the Data Protection Officer. We are happy to discuss any problems and we will help to resolve them if we can.
Contact our Data Protection Officer:
- By post: ElectroCraft, Inc., Office of the Data Protection Officer, 2 Marin Way, Stratham, NH 03885 USA
- By email: You can also contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a complaint and are not happy about the way we have handled it, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the EU, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). Contact details for the UK ICO are noted below:
Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, United Kingdom
Phone: +44 0303 123 1113